Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Amnesia used to be my favorite word, but then I forgot it




For a time I was wondering who Dorothy Parker was she was a poet, and playwright. The play I know from her list of achievements is the star is born. Here is one of her poems.

Song Of One Of The Girls

Here in my heart I am Helen; I'm Aspasia and Hero, at least.
I'm Judith, and Jael, and Madame de Stael; I'm Salome, moon of the East.
Here in my soul I am Sappho; Lady Hamilton am I, as well.
In me Recamier vies with Kitty O'Shea, With Dido, and Eve, and poor Nell.
I'm of the glamorous ladies At whose beckoning history shook. But you are a man, and see only my pan, So I stay at home with a book.

Still not feeling up to snuff. But I hope the coming weekend will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home